Thursday, April 4, 2013

Fully Committed

I don't blog enough... but when the Lord gives me a word very clearly, I try to blog about it so I can share it with you!

During my time with the Lord today I was reading 2 Chronicles 16:7-9 (Jesus Calling Devotion verse for today). And I just felt led to share with you...

These verses say this:

2 Chronicles 16:7-9

New Living Translation
At that time Hanani the seer came to King Asa and told him, “Because you have put your trust in the king of Aram instead of in the Lord your God, you missed your chance to destroy the army of the king of Aram.  Don’t you remember what happened to the Ethiopians and Libyans and their vast army, with all of their chariots and charioteers? At that time you relied on the Lord, and he handed them over to you. The eyes of the Lord search the whole earth in order to strengthen those whose hearts are fully committed to him. What a fool you have been! From now on you will be at war.”
 
So, this really pierced my heart. I wondered, "am I fully committed to the Lord?"
How do I know? I want to be and I try to be. I think I am.

Then, as I asked these questions, the Lord let me to this thought in verse 7 "because you have put your trust in ___________ (for King Asa it was another King, but what is it for me? or for you?) INSTEAD of the Lord your God, you missed your chance to ___________ (to WHAT? What opportunities have I missed because I didn't trust in the Lord?).

What are things we put our trust in instead of the Lord? Money, people (spouses!), positions, jobs... I will share my heart with you a bit - for me, its money. I feel like "if we have enough money, we'll be secure." I know that is a lie. I pray every day, sometimes in each moment that I would trust in God alone. I remind myself often not to worry (Phil 4:6-9), to pray about everything and my God will provide all I need - HE is more than enough!! So, whatever it is for you, find some verses - some TRUTH - about that subject and trust in the LORD!! I hate to think what I have or could miss out on because I had lack of faith. I also pray that God will increase my faith and renew my mind with His word. 

I pray I will be fully committed. 

I love verse 9. It's not just that I be fully committed but that the Lord is searching me out to STRENGTHEN my heart AS I am fully committed to Him. That's so good. God is so good. 

I hope you are encouraged today! 

Trusting In Him,
Amanda
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment