Wednesday, March 28, 2012

He is Good

I love the Chronological One Year Bible and right now we are reading about the land divisions/allotments given to each tribe of Israel. And while I know one day I will receive a word from the Lord about these boundaries... I am going to write about Jesus Calling today.

If you don't have a devotion - I highly recommend Jesus Calling. It amazes me how God uses it in my life and it is short, sweet and to filled with scripture. Even though it is March 28th today, look at March 26th if you happen to have this book.

The verses in Lamentations 3 were the ones that I just spent time reading over and over again today.

Lamentations 3:22-26

New Living Translation (NLT)
22 The faithful love of the Lord never ends![a]
    His mercies never cease.
23 Great is his faithfulness;
    his mercies begin afresh each morning.
24 I say to myself, “The Lord is my inheritance;
    therefore, I will hope in him!”
25 The Lord is good to those who depend on him,
    to those who search for him.
26 So it is good to wait quietly
    for salvation from the Lord.

Isn't this good? His faithful love NEVER ends.... and His mercies never cease!! That is such good news for me today. I needed the reminder that He is faithful and that each morning, yes, each morning, his mercy is new to me. Whew! And lately, God has been showing me everywhere in scripture or just through song that He is good. So, search and depend on Him - for He is good!! So we get that? In whatever you are going through - He is still good. We may not want to believe that, but that doesn't make it not true. He is true - He is good! 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment