Thursday, March 22, 2012

Overwhelmed and in Awe

Today i am overwhelmed with God's goodness. Actually this past year of my life I've seen the Lord move in so many ways and been so humbled by his great love.

But let me share just about today.

As of Friday, I will be unemployed and Seth and I (as well as our friends and family) have been praying for God to open up whatever door He has for us. I knew from the beginning that this was a test of my faith as James 1:2-4 says

"2 Dear brothers and sisters, when troubles come your way, consider it an opportunity for great joy. 3 For you know that when your faith is tested, your endurance has a chance to grow. 4 So let it grow, for when your endurance is fully developed, you will be perfect and complete, needing nothing."

So, I've considered this a test - a chance for my faith to be tested and grow! And it has. I knew early on that I could not complain or lack trust. I was reading in my Chronological One Year Bible in Numbers about the Israelites constantly complaining and worrying about how they would get water/food - complain about manna... etc... And they didn't trust God. And that was sin. So, I knew that in my life I couldn't complain or worry - Phil. 4:6-7:

Don’t worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done. 7 Then you will experience God’s peace, which exceeds anything we can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus. 

So... I've prayed and prayed... and thanked  A LOT.  And just as this verse promises, Seth and I have had God's peace, which does exceed anything I can understand. The world would tell me to worry and search for jobs and freak out - but I cannot. For my God is THE Provider. He is El Roi, the God who sees me. And He will Provide because He is Faithful.  So, how could I worry? How could I not trust him? He has never given us a risen to doubt - He has always been so good. Even in tough times, he proves to us that He is for us, not against us.

So, that was just the introduction to today's lesson.

Today, I opened up Jesus Calling and was overwhelmed. Let me just type some of today's reading out. If you don't read this devotion - you should. I HIGHLY recommend it. " I do my greatest works through people with grateful, trusting hearts" "As you walk with me through this day, practice trusting and thanks Me all along the way". The verses, though - were where I spent time praising God.

Phil. 4:4 (I am adding 5)
 4 Always be full of joy in the Lord. I say it again—rejoice! 5 Let everyone see that you are considerate in all you do. Remember, the Lord is coming soon. 

Psalm 95: 1-2 ( I added to verse 7)
Come, let us sing to the LORD!
      Let us shout joyfully to the Rock of our salvation.
 2 Let us come to him with thanksgiving.
      Let us sing psalms of praise to him.
 3 For the LORD is a great God,
      a great King above all gods.
 4 He holds in his hands the depths of the earth
      and the mightiest mountains.
 5 The sea belongs to him, for he made it.
      His hands formed the dry land, too.  6 Come, let us worship and bow down.
      Let us kneel before the LORD our maker,
    7 for he is our God.
   We are the people he watches over,
      the flock under his care.

And Psalm 9:10
Those who know your name trust in you,
      for you, O LORD, do not abandon those who search for you.

Amen!! Those how KNOW His name ( Jesus!!) trust him, because he does not abandon those who search for Him. I pray you KNOW Him. Because if you know Him, you have nothing to worry for, nothing to be anxious about - He is trustworthy. He is faithful. He is so good. He is so loving.

I am in awe today - and I could go on... I didn't even get to what I read in my daily reading... but I will stop here. I pray you were encouraged and I pray you trust God today. 

No comments:

Post a Comment